Darryl Feldman is a co-founder and principal of Feldman Jackson and concentrates his practice on the negotiation, settlement, and litigation of family law matters in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Darryl's cases routinely involve complex financial, valuation and other matters related to a party’s or family’s assets, as well as issues regarding custody of children, including high conflict custody cases. Darryl is an experienced negotiator, recognizing that reaching a thoughtful settlement agreement is the best outcome for most families.
Read Full Bio
When settlement is not achievable, Darryl is also a skilled litigator with over 20 years’ experience in the courtroom, strategically and smartly pursuing his clients’ positions to obtain their desired outcomes and goals. In addition to his legal experience, Darryl passed the Maryland CPA exam, which uniquely qualifies him to navigate the complexities of marital property division and support issues, especially in divorce cases involving significant or complex assets and income structures.
Darryl has consistently been recognized by Washingtonian and Bethesda Magazine, and other top publications, as a top family law and divorce attorney in the Washington, D.C. area. He has been included in Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers since 2010. Darryl presents on family law topics and teaches Continuing Legal Education (CLE) courses for local bar associations. He also serves as a faculty member for the National Family Law Trial Institute located in Houston, Texas, known for its rigorous program dedicated to honing the trial skills of divorce lawyers from all over the United States.
Darryl resides in Rockville, Maryland with his wife, daughter, son and two dogs.
- Property division
- Spousal support
- Child support
- Child custody
- High net worth divorce
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Family law litigation
Professional Memberships and Activities
- District of Columbia Bar
- Former Co-Chair, Family Law Steering Committee
- Former Co-Chair, Domestic Relations Paternity and Support Subcommittee
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Faculty member for the National Family Law Trial Institute located in Houston, Texas
- Named a Top Divorce Lawyer, Washingtonian, December 2019.
- Selected as one of the Top Attorneys in Divorce and Family Law, Bethesda Magazine, November 2019.
- Named one of Washington’s Top Lawyers in the area of Divorce and Family Law, Washingtonian, December 2018, December 2017.
- Selected as a Top Divorce Lawyer in the July/August 2017 issue of Bethesda Magazine.
- Named in Washington, D.C.’s Best Lawyers: Divorce and Family Law, Washingtonian, November 2015.
- Selected as one of 25 Top Divorce Lawyers in the November/December 2013 issue of Bethesda Magazine.
- Named one of Washington’s Best Lawyers in the area of Divorce, Washingtonian, December 2011.
- Selected as one of 25 Top Lawyers in the May/June 2010 issue of Bethesda Magazine.
- Named one of Washington’s Top Lawyers in the area of Divorce, Washingtonian, December 2009.
- Named one of the Top 88 Divorce Lawyers in the Washington Metropolitan Area, Washingtonian, February 2009.
- Named a Top Lawyer in the area of Divorce, Washingtonian, December 2007.
- Named a Top-Rated Family Law Attorney in Washington, D.C. by Super Lawyers, 2010-2019.
- Named in Best Lawyers in America®, 2010-2020.
- Divorce—The Valuation and Division of Stock Options (co-author with Sanford K. Ain).
- It Matters Where Marriage Ends, Legal Times, June 23, 2003 (co-author with Sanford K. Ain).